Adult Day Center
Bedford Adult Day Center is located adjacent to BMH, in a spacious facility with an impressive view of the Peaks of Otter mountains.
Continuing its tradition of providing quality care since 1993, the center offers professional day-time care and supervision for adults who, for various reasons, may be dependent upon others.
The newly expanded facility is an asset to the community with its water garden and fenced patio. The center offers participants socialization, personal care, flexible activities, and separate areas for specialized care.
• To offer assistance with care needs and supervision in order to prevent institutional placement.
• To provide education, support, and respite to family caregivers.
• To provide a stimulating program of social, recreational, and therapeutic activities geared toward a variety of participant needs and abilities.
• To enhance participants’ sense of well-being and give them an opportunity to socialize with their peers.
• Center manager
• Activity coordinator and assistant
• Trained nursing assistants
• Registered nurse
• Arts and crafts
• Therapeutic exercise
• Gardening/water garden/fish pond
• Special entertainment
The center is licensed by Department of Social Services, Department of Mental Health Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services, and has contracts with Department of Medical Assistance Services (Medicaid), United States Department of Agriculture, and the Veteran’s Administration. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Scheduling is flexible according to participant need.
The Center offers transportation services to participants from much of the surrounding area. The daily program fee covers a well-balanced lunch and snacks. Limited financial assistance is available to participants in need from the Bedford Community Health Foundation, Inc. Our Center accepts reimbursement for services from Medicaid, the Veteran’s Administration, and private pay.
For more information or for a free visit day, please call 540-586-8424.
Bedford Adult Day Center, a non-profit facility, has been generously funded by:
• Bedford Memorial Hospital
• Maupin-Sizemore Foundation
• Bedford Community Health Foundation, Inc.
• Carilion Clinic Foundation
• Centra Health Foundation
• Greater Lynchburg Community Trust
• Dr. John Austin Estate
• Virginia Department of Aging
• Eliza Thomas Estate
• Many private donors